Monday, December 14, 2009

post mortem

Blink. Blink. Blink. That would be my eyes trying to adjust to the phenomenal pace of this class. I am a changed woman because of me believing in myself and cultivating the voice of personal integrity. All because I get by with a little help from my friends. My classmates came through the web during some of my darkest moments this Fall and lifted me up with their words of encouragement. At times I felt so isolated up here in the artic north thousands of miles away from the core of my BGI peeps yet through the culmination of great class discussion and exercises I still felt connected through this piece of technology that rests on my lap as we speak. Or should I say as I type. Wow. The pace of this class was swift and furious mimicking the pace of my life as a graduate student. What I really liked the most about this class are the readings, theories, and collaborative teaching style of ChristopherA. I really felt the vibe of creating the future together. And I am forever grateful for the archived info. I will most certainly be coming back for more. On my journey to peace I landed in the lap of BGI. I arrived at the water's edge of innovation and I am blinded by the brilliance of the light that reflects off of my amazing future. Yes, and...this class for sure has been the gateway drug. The possibilities are spread before me vast and endlessly exciting. "When I grow up" meaning my post BGI life I plan to continue to leverage the power of the web to do international peace work in Ayiti. Yes, I do hope to take Hip Hop Namaste on the road and continue my journey of...

Life imitates art. Living peace out loud. Building a bridge between that which is divided in two. Thanks to this class and the powerful branding exercise I am able to OWN the POWER of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment