Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Playing catch up

Okay so I admit it out loud in writing. I am constantly behind in the class using the social web for social change. Early last week I spent 9 solid hours in front of the computer and I felt "caught up" for umm... about a milisecond. And then fell into despair because my life as it is barely allows for half of that time to be spent on school daily when I would LOVE to spend 4.5 hours a day on this class alone. I am a full time mother to an amazing four year old boy, I work, and do my best at being a full time graduate business school student. I am growing weary. So here I am up in the wee hours of the night dedicating this evening to getting caught up in this class by any means necessary. And of course those of you who know me can vouch for the accompanying big 32 ounce glass kerr jar of Guayaki yerba mate my most favorite beverage in THE entire world! (For those of you who don't know it is not mate that rhymes with skate but pronounced ma-tay.) And so I began the search of social change videoes to mark in my delicious account. First cast into the untamed waters of the internet. Whammo. I hooked right into a video entitled health and social justice. Those four words sum up what landed me on BGI's metaphorical front porch. Health is a basic human right not a luxury.

No comments:

Post a Comment